The Vietnam War
In April 1966, 2nd Battalion, 5th Marines, 1st Marine Division located at Camp Pendleton, CA deployed to the Republic of Vietnam. During the next five years the battalion participated in combat operations in Hue, Que Son, Phu Bai, Dong Ha,Phu Loc and ran combat operations out of their firebase at An Hoa. The battalion returned to Camp Pendleton in 1971, and in 1975 participated in Operation New Arrival, the relocation of Southeast Asian Refugees . . .
U.S. Marines in Vietnam 1954 – 1975
This is a nine-volume history of Marine Corps operations in the Vietnam War. A separate functional series complements the operational histories. Written from diverse views and sources, the common thread in this narrative is the continued resistance of the South Vietnamese Armed Forces, in particular the Vietnamese Marine Corps, to Communist aggression.
Often we will feature a Combat Marine or a Navy Corpsman who served in Vietnam in Hotel Company 2nd Battalion, 5th Marine Regiment, 1st Marine Division. We introduce to you David Harbin.
From time to time we add a video or two highlighting our fun reunions. Also are included from time to time videos that have been created and shown at our reunions.
Marine Corps Birthday (click picture)
Next Reunion: October 12 – 15, 2023 Branson, MO
You can put this date on your calendar. Thanks to everyone who provided suggestions for our next reunion site. Joe Sonderman was able to negotiate a good hotel site there. He is finishing along with Bernie to get us a good location and a good price. There will be more information in the weeks to come.
Bernie Stafford will be our Host for our next reunion.
- John Chambers passed away on December 29, 2022. (Click for details)
- LTC Eugene W Bowers passed away on December 3, 2022. (Click for details)
- Attention Hotel 2/5 Veterans & families: Registration will open in January 2023 for our reunion in Branson, MO 2023.
- The American Flag and What It Means To This Veteran (Click Here)
- Check out interesting articles in the Hotel 2/5 Blog section.
- Attention H2/5 Veterans: We need you to log in (register if you haven’t already), and add or update your profile information. Let’s keep our data up to date.